[vtk-developers] mingw library naming - bug 10969

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jul 30 12:11:00 EDT 2010

I could be wrong... I'm not a huge mingw user, but I think this is the
expected library naming for a mingw build.

If so, then the VTK java wrapping code is just not going to work on mingw as
it stands now. I suspect there are few, if any, users of java wrappers using
a mingw build of VTK. If there are, they must be patching it somehow...

The java wrappers in VTK are the least used (of python, tcl and java), but I
do know that they work with Visual Studio builds of VTK. Maybe you could try
with a Visual Studio Express build of java-wrapped VTK?

Or perhaps other VTK-on-mingw users could chime in here with their own
advice.

Either way, I do not think 10969 is a CMake bug. I'm going to move it to the
VTK project. If I am wrong, and somebody else convinces me otherwise, I'll
be happy to move it back later.

Hope this helps,
David

Are there any others