[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Compile Bug in VTK 5.6

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 18:17:52 EDT 2010

My experimental dashboard took 120 minutes to compile everything
(Java, Python, Tcl, Boost, all the kits).  My laptop is dual 2.53Ghz,
but only one core was used for compiling.  That's comparable to my
single-core gcc build times for VTK, so I'm pretty happy with it.

I used CMake to configure clang (svn from yesterday) with the following vars:
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER:FILEPATH=/usr/bin/c++
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-Wall
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_RELEASE:STRING=-O3 -DNDEBUG
CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES:STRING=i386
CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT:PATH=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk
LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD:STRING=CBackend;CppBackend;X86;XCore
LLVM_TARGET_ARCH:STRING=host

The XCore target was a mistake, I didn't know if it was a CPU target
or something else.

  David