[vtk-developers] Merge commit not allowed

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Sat Jul 17 11:15:18 EDT 2010

The difference is hard to describe concisely.  The Pro Git book has a pretty good description:

http://progit.org/book/ch3-6.html

For what it's worth, I find the Pro Git book a good reference for all things git.  Although you can view the whole thing online, it's handy to have the reference sitting on your desk.

-Ken