[vtk-developers] Axis-aligned hexahedral cell rendering module

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Tue Jul 6 18:18:13 EDT 2010

Hi Stéphane,

I'm done integrating your patch on my local git repository.
I'll push your patch and my changes on the central git repository tomorrow.
Thanks for your contribution!

I applied a lot of changes. Notably now each shader source code is in
its own source file. Also, instead of using plain OpenGL calls, it
uses vtkShaderProgram2 (I just changed it so it can support geometry
shader settings).

Here is the local log in attachment to give you an idea.
I encourage you to see my changes in details. You will learn about
stuff to do and not to do with the VTK code.

$ git log origin/master..master

Regards.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 3:24 AM, Stephane Marchesin
<stephane.marchesin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 10:43, Francois Bertel <francois.bertel at kitware.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Stephane,
>>
>> I guess you created your patch with:
>> $ git show > vtk-hexa.diff
>>
>> because when I try to apply it:
>> $ cd VTK
>> $ git am -3 -i -s -u ~/vtk-hexa.diff
>>
>> I have the following error:
>> Patch format detection failed.
>>
>> Then I tried to apply the patch directly:
>> $ git apply --whitespace=fix ~/vtk-hexa.diff
>>
>> I have this output (ignore the trailing whitespace messages, the error
>> is about VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt):
>>
>> vtk-hexa.diff:54: trailing whitespace.
>> // setup of source -> mapper -> actor -> renderer -> renderwindow is
>> vtk-hexa.diff:105: trailing whitespace.
>>
>> vtk-hexa.diff:119: trailing whitespace.
>>
>> vtk-hexa.diff:150: trailing whitespace.
>>
>> vtk-hexa.diff:158: trailing whitespace.
>>
>> error: patch failed: VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt:30
>> error: VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt: patch does not apply
>>

>> Can you send me the patch again, please?
>>
>> Make sure you call "$git pull --rebase" first.
>>
>> Can you instead send me a patch created with "git format-patch", please?
>>
>> For example,
>> $ git format-patch 'HEAD^..HEAD'
>> will return the last commit.
>>

> There you go. Alternatively, I can put a git tree online if that works
> better with you guys.
>
> Stephane

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive