[vtk-developers] Axis-aligned hexahedral cell rendering module

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Fri Jul 2 13:43:10 EDT 2010

Hi Stephane,

I guess you created your patch with:
$ git show > vtk-hexa.diff

because when I try to apply it:
$ cd VTK
$ git am -3 -i -s -u ~/vtk-hexa.diff

I have the following error:
Patch format detection failed.

Then I tried to apply the patch directly:
$ git apply --whitespace=fix ~/vtk-hexa.diff

I have this output (ignore the trailing whitespace messages, the error
is about VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt):

vtk-hexa.diff:54: trailing whitespace.
// setup of source -> mapper -> actor -> renderer -> renderwindow is
vtk-hexa.diff:105: trailing whitespace.

vtk-hexa.diff:119: trailing whitespace.

vtk-hexa.diff:150: trailing whitespace.

vtk-hexa.diff:158: trailing whitespace.

error: patch failed: VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt:30
error: VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/CMakeLists.txt: patch does not apply

Can you send me the patch again, please?

Make sure you call "$git pull --rebase" first.

Can you instead send me a patch created with "git format-patch", please?

For example,
$ git format-patch 'HEAD^..HEAD'
will return the last commit.

Regards.