[vtk-developers] Auto install git hooks

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Thu Jul 1 10:10:25 EDT 2010

You are both right, the hooks are already in any clone, and I would use
origin. If you leave the VTK submodule pointing at our servers, then how do
you handle git submodule update for ParaView? If you are not handling that,
then I would assume VTK is on a (no branch) and not pulling master, nor
being actively developed?

VTK is aware of its inclusion in a ParaView build, and so some special
handling could be put in place. I think we could actually instruct it to use
the ParaView hooks by going up another directory. Alternatively you could
set the flag to disable hooks checks in VTK, but not ParaView. To
permanently disable the hooks check in a clone you could also touch
.git/hooks/.git/config, this would make the test pass in that particular
clone.

Marcus