[vtk-developers] vtkNew<>

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Jan 29 11:54:42 EST 2010

Bill Lorensen wrote:
> How do I "git" your commits?

Clone VTK from github (this is regularly updated from CVS):

  git clone git://github.com/Kitware/VTK.git
  cd VTK

Configure a remote and fetch from me:

  git remote add bradking http://github.com/bradking/VTK.git
  git fetch bradking

The name "bradking" is local to your repository; my branches
will appear as "bradking/<mybranch>".  Normally the protocol
should be "git://" but github.com seems to reject that right
now so try "http://" as shown above.

Create a local branch starting from mine:

  git checkout -b vtkNew bradking/vtkNew

Now your work tree will have my changes.  If you make additional
commits we can go over how to publish them for us to review
later.

-Brad