[vtk-developers] test data for various polydata file formats available?

Michel Audette michel.audette at kitware.com
Fri Jan 29 09:57:49 EST 2010

Dear fellow VTK developers,

as indicated recently, I'm making an object factory similar to
vtkImageReader2Factory, for vtkPolyData. I've tested the logic for the STL
file format, but there are other formats that probably should be supported,
vtkBYUReader, vtkFacetReader, vtkOBJReader, vtkPLYReader, vtkUGFacetReader,
to name a few. I'm just wondering if we have test data that covers all of
these formats in VTKData. The directory VTK/IO/Testing seems to emphasize
images, and not polydata, for the most part, to which I would like to remedy
in testing my new factory.

Best wishes,

Michel

--