[vtk-developers] Mandelbulb challenge

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 08:45:16 EST 2010

Will,

Some early Siggraph work may be enlightening:
Generation and display of geometric fractals in 3-D
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=801263
and
Ray tracing deterministic 3-D fractal
http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=74333.74363&type=series

I recall that they do on-the-fly rendering rather then generate a volume.

Bill