[vtk-developers] valgrind suppressions

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Jan 20 14:43:07 EST 2010

On 1/20/10 1:28 PM, David Cole said:

>If anybody knows the details about contributing to zlib, point me to them.
>I'd be happy to coordinate contributing this change back to them... Whether
>they'll accept it or not, I don't know, but it's worth a shot.

Well, they say in their FAQ that they knowingly introduced this (by
changing from calloc to malloc) for performance reasons.  So I doubt
they would change back. :( It would be interesting to know how big a
performance impact this has.  1%? 1000%?

Also, I feel compelled to point out :) that if zlib was not triplicated
in CMake, VTK, and ITK that your fix from 2 months ago would have solved
this once and for all. :)  When and if you guys switch away from CVS, it
would be good to investigate some kind of 'Shared' repository that all
these projects use.  IMNSHO. :)

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com