[vtk-developers] vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter seems wrong, and also not compatable with vtkContourFilter

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 23:38:21 EST 2010

Upon further investigation I see that the BandedPolyDataContourFilter
algorithm works fine with triangles. It seems to have trouble with
polygons and quads.

If your real dataset has triangles or can be triangulated, then you
should use BandedPolyDataContourFilter  rather than my technique that
uses multiple Clipper's. The results will be identical, and the
BandedPolyDataContourFilter  is probably more efficient.

Bill