[vtk-developers] VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 23:11:35 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> valgrind
>
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Arnaud Gelas
> <arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu> wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I really liked the idea of VTK_DEBUG_LEAKS to know exactly which objects
>> were not deleted (name of objects forgot to be deleted and number of
>> instances)
>> But the way it is right now it is quite difficult to get a clue on WHERE we
>> forgot to delete (maybe due to the lack of hierarchical information?).
>>
>> Is there anyway to improve it by adding some additional information to track
>> where leaks exactly come from?
>>
>> Arnaud

>> Powered by www.kitware.com

Arnaud,

I agree. I mentioned this a while back:
http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2009-October/102982.html

Looks like Bill is sticking with his "use valgrind" answer :)

For such an enormous toolkit, though, I'd imagine this functionality
would be well worth the effort (*cough* next project for ARB's
consideration? *cough*)

Thanks,

David