[vtk-developers] vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter seems wrong, and also not compatable with vtkContourFilter

Junjie Cao jjcao1231 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:37:44 EST 2010

Dear Sir,

The vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter seems wrong in some cases. I made an
example to show this.

1.      vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter output far worse than contourf of
Matlab.

2.      The behavior of vtkBandedPolyDataContourFilter is quite different
with vtkContourFilter.

*Is it a bug? How could I get a right result in VTK? The version of VTK used
is 5.4.2, and that of ParaView is 3.6.2*

More details (test.pdf), all code and data (generated when you run plane.tcl
or plane_contour.tcl.) for re-creating the test can be found in
http://sites.google.com/site/jjcaoshomepage/faq-for-computer-graphics/probleminvtkbandedpolydatacontourfilter,
since in the mail list "Message body is limited"

Best wishes,

JJCAO