[vtk-developers] VTKEdge on OS X 10.6

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 12:04:47 EST 2010

I'm seeing the following error when I try to use the new GPU ray cast
mapper on my Mac.  The last time that I tried VTKEdge on this machine
(a few weeks ago) there were no problems.

ERROR: In /Volumes/Work/Kitware/vtk-cvs/VolumeRendering/vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx,
line 4128
vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper (0x10081a000): Rendering failed
because the following OpenGL extensions are required but not
supported:

Segmentation fault

There are also some rendering errors related to combined clipping and
cropping that I see under Linux.  Cropping blocks being displayed when
they are not flagged, or blocks displayed on the wrong side of the
clipping plane.  I'm not sure if these were present with VTKEdge.  I
can provide screenshots when I get back to my Linux PC this evening.

  - David