[vtk-developers] Volume cropping region representation

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:56:18 EST 2010

Hi All,

I wrote a VTK polydata source that will generate a wireframe or solid
representation of the vtkVolumeMapper cropping region that matches the
setting of the CroppingRegionFlags and CroppingRegionPlanes.  This
class has more-or-less the same purpose as vtkOutlineSource, but is
for volumes with fancy cropping flag settings.  For now the class is
named "vtkVolumeCroppingOutline," but I want to hear suggestions for
other names before I commit it.    The names that I've considered are
as follows:

vtkVolumeCroppingOutline
vtkVolumeCroppingRegionSource
vtkVolumeCroppingRegionOutline