[vtk-developers] .SECTION References

Nasztanovics Ferenc naszta at naszta.hu
Mon Feb 15 04:53:08 EST 2010

When we contribute a class we should following this rule:

// .SECTION Thanks
// (put your name, email, and institution here) wrote this class. (If
there are any links/references related to the algorithm, you can put
them here)

I think a separated references section would be nice. In that point the author could make a reference list of the basics of algorithms like in a journal article. (e.g.: in Random() at vtkMath would be much better (elegant) a reference in the doxygen generated help file:
Now in cpp:
  // Based on code in "Random Number Generators: Good Ones are Hard to Find,"
  // by Stephen K. Park and Keith W. Miller in Communications of the ACM,
  // 31, 10 (Oct. 1988) pp. 1192-1201.
  // Borrowed from: Fuat C. Baran, Columbia University, 1988.

Future in header:
// .SECTION References:
// - Based on code in "Random Number Generators: Good Ones are Hard to Find, by Stephen K. Park and Keith W. Miller in Communications of the ACM, 31, 10 (Oct. 1988) pp. 1192-1201.
// - Borrowed from: Fuat C. Baran, Columbia University, 1988.
)

Best regards,

Naszta