[vtk-developers] Handling invalid vtp files

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 08:49:06 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 8:28 AM, Will Schroeder
<will.schroeder at kitware.com>wrote:

> Okay David how ambitious do you want to get? This "validity" filters could
> also have code to fix problems, maybe as simple as throwing out bad data. Or
> simply count issues and provide a reporting mechanism, which the application
> could respond to appropriately.

vtkPolyDataValidityFilter
vtkImageDataValidityFilter
vtkUnstructuredGridValidityFilter
etc.

or vtkDataSetValidityFIlter?

We had a discussion similar to this the other day when I was asking about
some of the Append filters. It seems like there could be some data type
specific code in these validity filters, so maybe they should all be
separate classes?

Thanks,

David