[vtk-developers] vtkPoints as input to a filter?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 13:11:23 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry, I meant AppendFilter

Yea, that outputs an unstructured grid.

So I have a filter that derives from vtkPointSetAlgorithm.

I can SetInput(vtkPointSet*)

Then I do some processing and the last step is a vtkAppendFilter.

I want to do

vtkPointSet* output = the output object of the filter;

output->ShallowCopy(appendFilter->GetOutput());

It says "no matching function call
vtkPointSet::ShallowCopy(vtkUnstructuredGrid*)
candidates are vtkPointSet::ShallowCopy(vtkDataObject*)

An unstructured grid IS a DataObject, right? So shouldn't this copy be
allowed?

Maybe this is a silly computer science question - my EE background is
failing me here :(

Thanks,

David