[vtk-developers] vtkPoints as input to a filter?

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 12:33:43 EST 2010

But David D. brings up a good point.  A lot of the VTK filters should
be much more generic than they are.  Any vtkPolyData filter that only
operates on the points should be changed to take vtkPointSet instead.
Likewise, any filter that only operates on scalars should take
vtkDataSet.

For example, the classes vtkImageMapToColors and vtkImageShiftScale
have a whole bunch of unnecessary image-specific code in them.  These
operations should be simplified, genericised, and made to work the
scalars of any vtkDataSet.  Or, in fact, on any array stored in the
data.

   David