[vtk-developers] vtkPoints as input to a filter?

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 11:55:12 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:48 AM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov>wrote:

>  Then use a vtkPolyData or vktUnstructuredGrid with no cells.
>
> -Ken

The reason I ask is that it seems like there is no vtkAppendUnstructuredGrid
or vtkAppendPointSet, only vtkAppendPolyData. Is there a reason for this?
The output should be the same type as the inputs if the input types are all
the same. If the inputs are different types, the output should be the "most
general" type of vtkPointSet.

Does something like this already exist? Or should we add it?

Thanks,

David