[vtk-developers] vtkDataSetAttributes documentation

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:48:27 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
> wrote:

> Not in this case since you have assign a default value to it.
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 2:36 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com<daviddoria%2Bvtk at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
> > Looking at functions like this:
> >   // Initialize point interpolation method.
> >   // Note that pd HAS to be the vtkDataSetAttributes object which
> >   // will later be used with InterpolatePoint or InterpolateEdge.
> >   // ext is no longer used.
> >   // If shallowCopyArrays is true, input arrays are copied to the output
> >   // instead of new ones being allocated.
> >   void InterpolateAllocate(vtkDataSetAttributes* pd, vtkIdType sze=0,
> >                            vtkIdType ext=1000)
> > I'm assuming when they say XYZ is no longer used, it is not removed from
> the
> > declaration for backwards compatibility purposes - is this correct?
> > Also, should/can it be wrapped in a vtkNotUsed:
> >   void InterpolateAllocate(vtkDataSetAttributes* pd, vtkIdType sze=0,
> >                            vtkIdType vtkNotUsed(ext))
> > Thanks,
> >
> > David

I followed it through a little bit and it eventually gets to

newAA->Allocate(sze,ext);

So it IS used then, right? Should it say something more like "The default
value of ext=1000 is almost always appropriate"?

I'm really not trying to nit pick, I just think if we remove the confusion
every time we come across it things will eventually all be clear.

Thanks,

David