[vtk-developers] vtkPlane non-static wrappers

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Feb 2 11:08:34 EST 2010

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Moreland, Kenneth <kmorel at sandia.gov>wrote:

>  I actually think David has a pretty good idea.  Well, Bill is right too:
> the Dashboard is the “right” place for the coverage statistics; they should
> remain there, and that it should be the de facto place to go to reference
> the coverage statistics.  But, as a convenience I think it would be really
> great if the coverage was also displayed on the Doxygen web pages.  The
> Doxygen pages get a lot of exposure, and I think it would do good to make
> the coverage more visible.  It could inspire developers to better cover
> classes and to help users in choosing classes to use.
>
> Here is a stupid analogy: I can always lookup how many calories are in a
> Big Mac on McDonalds’ web site, and I should always be able to.  But if the
> same information was on the menu I was ordering from, it would have a much
> larger impact and what I eat and probably inspire McDonalds to make more
> healthy food.
>
> -Ken

Actually, the analogy is not so stupid. It's quite easy to relate to...

I like this idea as well. Now, the challenge is to construct a CDash query
given a VTK class name so that we can go straight to the relevant
information.

If we had CDash filters on the coverage page, it would be easy to construct
such a query. That idea is on the list of future improvements, but is not
presently available. I will keep it in mind as we work on that list,
though...

Keep the ideas comin'!

Thanks,
David C.