[vtk-developers] vtkPlane non-static wrappers

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:28:41 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Francois Bertel <
francois.bertel at kitware.com> wrote:

> That would be more object-oriented for sure. Go for it.
>
> Just be careful that you cannot just pass the normal of the object to
> the static method as I don't see in the documentation of the class any
> class invariant stating that the magnitude of the normal has to be 1.
> On the contrary, the static method DistanceToPlane() explicitly has
> the magnitude of the normal to be 1  as a pre-condition.

I did notice that some of them require magnitude 1 normals. The only one I
plan to add a wrapper for that doesn't mention that is:

static int vtkPlane::IntersectWithLine

*anyone know off the top of their head if this algorithm requires a unit
normal?*

Also, I was going to add tests for the new functions, but I noticed there is
not a VTK/Common/Cxx/Testing/TestPlane.cxx. However, the coverage seems
fine:

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewCoverageFile.php?buildid=529419&fileid=10953777

Where would this be getting tested from? Should we make a TestPlane.cxx?

Thanks,

David