[vtk-developers] Polyhedral challenge

Mark Olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Tue Feb 23 12:09:56 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 11:38 -0500, Will Schroeder wrote:
> Hua and I have made progress on adding a vtkPolyhedron cell to VTK. We
> have a wiki page describing the tasks (which will take some time
> to implement depending on our funding and
> schedule http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Polyhedron_Support). We are using
> the interpolation method of mean value coordinates which Hua has
> already implemented, thus far it is a super algorithm. Comments are
> welcome.
>

> We are now starting the integration into vtkUnstructuredGrid. If you
> are interested let me know and at the appropriate point we can make
> our git repository available.

A sneak preview of the API would be useful (eg, how the InsertNextCell
would look).
I have a freshly written proSTAR reader that needs polyhedral support --
I could also offer it for miscellaneous testing purposes.

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.