[vtk-developers] Charts TestScatterPlotColors should be failing...

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Dec 30 14:28:30 EST 2010

It looks like TestScatterPlotColors.png is fine, but TestParallelCoordinatesColorsPython fails with an image mismatch and TestLinePlotColors.png isn't in VTKData yet. Here's a link to the PNGs that were generated by my tests:

http://www.cs.duke.edu/~emonson/ColorTestPNGs_20101230.zip

I don't know why your PC plot looks different than mine. I have been noticing some strange line colors in the parallel coordinates color-by-array – not in the tests, but in my own application. Maybe there is a bug in the code for what pen it's using or in the OpenGL calls...? I once in a while see a few PC lines (say 5 or so out of 100) rendered as completely black or white after external render calls or upon resizing of the window, but I can't pin it down yet or see it in the Python test on my machine. The lines are then painted correctly as soon as I mouse over the plot... (image attached)

Thanks,
-Eric