[vtk-developers] compilation and link errors in 3rd part application due to recent changes in VTK

Arnaud GELAS arnaud_gelas at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:43:56 EST 2010

Except tons of linking errors somehow related to (now?) missing
libraries in the target_link_libraries,
  for couples of my target, I get the following new link error:

/usr/bin/ld:
/home/ajg23/BUILD/Static/Debug/VTK/bin/libQVTK.a(QVTKWidget.cxx.o):
undefined reference to symbol 'XGetWindowAttributes'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'XGetWindowAttributes' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib64/libX11.so.6: could not read symbols: Invalid operation