[vtk-developers] ANN: ParaView 3.10 branch & VTK 5.8 branch

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Dec 1 11:46:07 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:30:50 -0500, Dave Partyka said:
>
>>We will be branching ParaView and VTK for their respective releases soon
>>(probably this week). This is a heads up that finished features, bug fixes,
>>etc., that are a part of these releases should be merged in the coming days.
>
> Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but... what is the correct
> procedure here?
>
> Should I: provide a .patch file in Mantis? In Gerrit? Push to master?
> Push to next? Use github?
>
> I've looked through here, but am still not sure...
> <http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Git>

You want the VTK specific instructions, but we should probably revisit
these to reflect recent changes,

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git

The simple instructions reflect what is currently expected of
developers with commit access,

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git/Simple

Gerrit remains an optional step for those with commit access,
especially useful if you want review before merging. I have found it
especially useful to accept contributions from people without commit
access to vkt.org. Please let me know if you have any other questions
(VTK still has no next - and so this is not mentioned in the VTK
specific instructions).

Marcus