[vtk-developers] vtkDataArray::GetTuple(int i, double[3])

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 18:24:19 EDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 3:39 PM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>wrote:

> The length 3 is arbitrary isn't it? There is no requirement that a
> tuple will be of length 3 or even  <= than 3.

I just saw that there is vtkDataArray::GetTuple(vtkIdType, double*) that is
implemented from vtkDataArrayTemplate:

This does what I was looking for:
  vtkDataArray* dataNormals =

 vtkDataArray::SafeDownCast(polyDataNormals->GetOutput()->GetPointData()->GetNormals());

  double dataN[3];
  dataNormals->GetTuple(0,dataN);

I guess I was confused because GetTuple(vtkIdType, double*) is pure virtual
in vtkDataArray. Though the names are a bit odd (GetTuple vs GetTupleValue?)
there is no need to add anything.

David