[vtk-developers] 2D API: Force chart to paint from another view?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Aug 18 14:43:34 EDT 2010

Hey Marcus,

I have been trying to develop a vtkContextItem which controls what data is plotted in an XY chart. If I give this control item a pointer to the chart I can change the input data, but if the control item is in a separate vtkContextView in another part of a GUI, I can't figure out if there's a way to force the chart to Paint with a call from this control item (without waiting until the user mouses-over the chart's window)?

For now I'm getting around it by also handing the control item a pointer to the chart's context view so I can call Render, but it's just one more thing to remember to "wire up" when I'm setting up the control item. So, I was wondering whether there's a way of finding out from the chart either the vtkContext2D to use as an argument in a Paint call or what view the chart is in so I can force a Render?

Thanks,
-Eric