[vtk-developers] [vtkDescriptiveStatistics] changes to skewness and kurtosis estimators

Pebay, Philippe P pppebay at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 17 12:58:18 EDT 2010

Good morning,

I just pushed the following changes to vtkDescriptiveStatistics: skewness and kurtosis are now reported by a single estimator for each.
Previously, there were 2 for each: respectively g1 and G1, and g2 and G2.

The default now is to report g1 and g2 only. The iVars G1Skewness and G2Kurtosis can be turned to 1 (default 0) if the other estimators
are desired instead.

There were 2 reasons for this change: (1) reduce clutter in the output (derived) model and (2) consistency with what was already the
case for the variance (a single estimator and an option to use the other one).

I fixed all dependent code in VTK but there might be dependencies elsewhere which I have not seen (Titan in particular). If you notice
any problem caused by this change, please let me know and I will work on solving it.

Thank you
Philippe

--
Philippe Pébay