[vtk-developers] vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper fixes: the file.

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Thu Aug 12 15:12:15 EDT 2010

Hi AGPX,

for the second bug about the near clipping plane and the offset, I had
actually some code I was working on. The difference with yours is the
offset is applied on a different coordinate system.

Can you try this on your dataset (my offsets instead of yours), and
tell me if it fixes the visual defect or not?

I'm still debating about which one is the correct one.

>   double range=camWorldRange[1]-camWorldRange[0];
>   double eps=range/1000.0;

3420,3422c3423,3425
<   camNearWorldPoint[0] = camWorldPos[0] +
camWorldRange[0]*camWorldDirection[0];
<   camNearWorldPoint[1] = camWorldPos[1] +
camWorldRange[0]*camWorldDirection[1];
<   camNearWorldPoint[2] = camWorldPos[2] +
camWorldRange[0]*camWorldDirection[2];
---

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 12:56 PM, AGPX <agpxnet at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> to speedup the patching process, I have attached to this email the file
> vtkOpenGLGPUVolumeRayCastMapper.cxx with my fixes (and with the slight
> modification done by Francois Bertel that check if the volume box have no
> points). You can search for all the modifications by finding the string
> "AGPX MODIFIED".
>
> - AGPX

François Bertel, PhD  | Kitware Inc. Suite 204
1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive