[vtk-developers] vtkDelaunay2D fails to tesselate a partially complex geometry with one hole

wyldckat bruno.santos at bluecape.com.pt
Thu Aug 12 10:12:38 EDT 2010

Greetings Will and David,

@David: I don't believe it's 100% related to the bug you posted, since
vtkDelaunay2D hasn't crashed with us (yet).

@Will: Thank you for the link and we'll start on that ASAP. But could you
please also provide the link or references for the textual information about
the currently implemented code?
Because it feels that the current code fails sometimes only because it uses
an absolute referential for finding the triangles, instead of using various
relative referentials for each relevant section of the geometry. So, by
using multiple referentials, the numerical precision errors could be
minimized/eliminated with some additional heuristic. And without some
paper/text/document as reference for the current code, it will harder to
analyze the current implementation.

Best regards,
Bruno