[vtk-developers] pulling hooks

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 12:00:14 EDT 2010

I have a VTK branch on github. When I tried to push to it, I got this:

Paste the following commands into a shell:
 cd "/home/doriad/src/GraphConversions/.git/hooks"
 git init
 git pull .. remotes/origin/hooks
 cd ../..

When I tried to do that, I got:

[doriad at localhost hooks]$ git pull .. remote/origin/hooks
fatal: Couldn't find remote ref remote/origin/hooks

I suspect this is because origin is github not vtk.org. I tried a few
this like this:

git pull git://vtk.org/VTK.git git://vtk.org/VTK.git/remotes/origin/hooks

but they all gave the same error. Can someone explain how to get the
hooks into a branch that is not from vtk.org?

Thanks,

David