[vtk-developers] ANNOUNCE: Kitware is hiring

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Aug 5 15:29:46 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

Kitware, Inc. is actively seeking a talented HPC Visualization and
Data Analysis Software Developer to join our team.  Candidates will
create, develop and improve leading edge visualization software
solutions in the context of an open-source and highly collaborative
development model.

By joining our team you will participate in a dynamic work environment
with exceptionally talented co-workers; and collaborate with esteemed
researchers from around the world by:
 - developing visualization and analysis tools for use on HPC platforms;
 - developing distributed memory parallel algorithms for data analysis;
 - compiling and maintaining software on supercomputers;
 - performing scalability studies;
 - optimizing distributed parallel codes; and
 - debugging distributed parallel codes.

Qualified candidates will have 4 or more years experience in
developing HPC applications and a bachelors degree or higher in
Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.  This is an
opportunity for you to contribute to large open-source projects and
communities, such as VTK and ParaView, through your exceptional skill
in C++, your solid experience with MPI and your knowledge of Unix and
Linux operating systems.  The most desirable candidates will have
familiarity with scientific visualization software, knowledge of
Python and/or experience with parallel I/O.

Kitware team members enjoy our small company environment, flexibility
in work assignments, and the high levels of independence and
responsibility.  Besides a great work environment, our comprehensive
benefits package includes flexible working hours, six weeks paid time
off, a computer hardware budget, 401(k), health insurance, life
insurance, short- and long-term disability, flexible spending account,
visa processing, a generous compensation plan (that compensates
employees for all hours worked – not just the first 40) and free
coffee, drinks and snacks.

For the right software developers, we are always hiring.  Please email
your cover letter and resume to jobs at kitware.com for immediate
consideration.

Kitware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proudly supports
Affirmative Action.  Please, no recruiters or agencies without a
previously signed contract.

Best,
-berk