[vtk-developers] github mirror

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 30 12:14:25 EDT 2010

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the point of having a mirror on the github or gitorious sites?  Since the move, I have still been pushing to my personal repositories on github.  I simply pull from Kitware's repository and then push to a repository that I create on github.  What difference does it make if the original clone came from Kitware or github?

-Ken

On 4/30/10 8:15 AM, "Mark Olesen" <Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com> wrote:

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 11:00 -0400, Brad King wrote:
> Mark Olesen wrote:
> > I noticed that there is a github mirror of VTK that is periodically
> > updated. Would it be possible to also add a github mirror of ParaView
> > too?
>
> We used to have one of each for the CVS->Git *tracking* repositories.
> As mentioned in the transition plan thread, we purposely deleted them
> to avoid confusion during the initial transition.
>
> Now that it's been almost two work weeks I think we can restore them.
> I've set up robot mirrors:
>
>   http://github.com/Kitware/VTK
>   http://github.com/Kitware/ParaView
>
>   http://gitorious.org/kitware/vtk
>   http://gitorious.org/kitware/paraview
>
> These mirrors do not support merge requests because we prefer to
> have discussion on the mailing lists.

Excellent - now Hua can also merge in these bits in his paraview
polyhedral branch.
    http://github.com/olesenm/ParaView
    http://github.com/olesenm/VTK

/mark

DISCLAIMER:
This electronic transmission (and any attachments thereto) is intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). It may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you must delete it immediately and notify the sender. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message is strictly prohibited. Faurecia does not guarantee the integrity of this transmission and shall therefore never be liable if the message is altered or falsified nor for any virus, interception or damage to your system.