[vtk-developers] New git commit hooks

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Apr 22 17:07:58 EDT 2010

The new git hooks are not documented yet (the Wiki suggests that is coming), but I have noticed some significant differences.  The one that is bothering me the most is that the hooks no longer check to make sure that there are no tabs in the file.  Are we sure we want to change that?    Most of the serious mistakes I have seen in indenting have been caused because no one seems to agree on the same tab stop.

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov