[vtk-developers] [Paraview-developers] CVS->Git Transition Plan

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Apr 16 10:51:44 EDT 2010

Dave Partyka wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are going to be locking the following CVS repositories tomorrow
> (April 16th) to commence the Git Transition. After the transition is
> complete, you will have to patch in any changes you have in your local
> CVS sandboxes into a new git clone of any of these repositories.
>
> VTK
> VTKData
> VTKLargeData
> ParaView
> ParaViewData
> XDMF
> IceT

CVS commits to these repositories have been disabled.  I will complete
the final conversions of history today and over the weekend.  Meanwhile,
the Wiki pages have been updated to point to the permanent repo URLs:

  http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Git
  http://www.paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView/Git

The histories at these URLs are still *experimental*, so please do not
develop real work on them yet.  They only go through March 30 anyway.

-Brad