[vtk-developers] HOW DO I: Build VTK with CMake/ExternalProject_add against Qt with Cocoa on OS X?

Tue Apr 13 10:19:12 EDT 2010

I've descended into a confusing morass of complicated CMake macros,
and I need help getting out!

The situation is this:  I didn't have much trouble building VTK with
QT as long as I stuck with Carbon.  Now I'm running into some serious
problems (phantom dependencies on X11 libraries, for starters) when I
try to use QT/Cocoa -- which is necessary, according to my boss, to
build on OS X 10.6.

So does anyone have a successful example of building VTK against QT
using ExternalProject?
2