[vtk-developers] vtkSeedWidget and vtkImageViewer2 bug in visualization?

Nicolas Rannou nicolas_rannou at hms.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 13 09:49:32 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm experimenting some troubles using vtkSeedWidget.

I visualize a volume (*.mhd) in a vtkImageViewer2.
Then I use vtkSeedWidget to select some points through the volume.

The problem is that when I select one point in one slice, then move to
another slice to select another point, I can see the actor of the first
selected point even if I am not on the same slice anymore.
If I move further, the first point will not be visible after some more
slices...
The coordinates (real world coordinates) of all the created points are good.

The problem must be in the visualization/actors somewhere...

I tried to use vtkConstrainedPointHandleRepresentation and
vtkImageActorPointPlacer without success.

Did somebody already face this issue or have any advice?

Thanks for your help,

     Nicolas

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
// Sample of code using vtkConstrainedPointHandleRepresentation //
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

// Create rendering window and everything...
   vtkRenderer *ren1 = vtkRenderer::New();
   vtkRenderWindow *renWin = vtkRenderWindow::New();
   renWin->AddRenderer(ren1);

   vtkRenderWindowInteractor *iren = vtkRenderWindowInteractor::New();
   iren->SetRenderWindow(renWin);

// Handler
   vtkConstrainedPointHandleRepresentation *handle
       = vtkConstrainedPointHandleRepresentation::New();
   handle->GetProperty()->SetColor(1,0,0);

// Seed representation
   vtkSeedRepresentation *rep = vtkSeedRepresentation::New();
   rep->SetHandleRepresentation(handle);

// Seed widget
   vtkSeedWidget *widget = vtkSeedWidget::New();
   widget->SetInteractor(iren);
   widget->SetRepresentation(rep);
   widget->On();

// Image viewer to deisplay the volume
// reader is a vtkMetaImageReader
   vtkImageViewer2* viewer = vtkImageViewer2::New();

   viewer->SetInput( reader->GetOutput() );
   viewer->SetRenderWindow( renWin );
   viewer->SetRenderer( ren1 );

   iren->Initialize();
   viewer->Render();