[vtk-developers] Parallel coordinates chart looking nice

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Mon Apr 5 11:53:56 EDT 2010

Hi Eric,

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:45 AM, Eric E. Monson <emonson at cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> Hey Marcus,
>
> It looks like you're making some good progress on this, and I see that it
> shows up as a view in ParaView now, too!
>
> I don't want to be bugging you about it, but it looks like so far the
> AnnotationLink stuff is built in so that outside links will be reflected in
> the parallel coordinates chart, but selections made within the parallel
> coordinates chart do not update the internal annotation link selection list
> (and do not fire AnnotationChangedEvent). Is this something that you plan to
> add soon? (Or, am I misreading the code as it stands?)

Don't worry about bugging me, you are reading the code correctly. I have
some local changes where I am working on getting the selections back out and
into ParaView. I have not got the last part working (into ParaView), but
hope to have something I can commit very soon.

> Again, I don't want to be bugging you, but I am curious whether I should
> spend time trying to plug this into my personal copy since I need it for my
> own use, or if you'll be addressing it soon in the main repository?

I am working on this right now. I will let you know once I have committed
something that should work, it would be great to have feedback on this final
part once it is in. Then I will have some rendering issues to work out, but
selection should work in and out.

Thanks,

Marcus