[vtk-developers] [VTK ARB] RE ARB

Claudio T. Silva csilva at cs.utah.edu
Fri Apr 2 13:38:17 EDT 2010

Hi Stephane,

Indeed, this work is a group effort as I tried to acknowledge in my message.
We've been coordinating with Kitware and Sandia, and trying to involve
others as appropriate. (For instance, I will be on sabbatical at ETH, and I
hope to collaborate with the people at Swiss National Supercomputing Centre.
Maybe I could visit your group while I am in Europe.)

One issue creating a "roadmap" is that I do not think we know enough on how
to best support highly multi-core heterogenous machines. There are many
remaining research issues that will require substantial trial and error
before we have working solutions that can be readily available in production
environments.

Best,

Claudio.