[vtk-developers] A possible bug and questions regarding the "polyhedral challenge" branch

Takuya OSHIMA oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp
Fri Apr 2 07:15:20 EDT 2010

Hi,

If anyone is interested, the attached polyhedralVTK-OpenFOAM.diff is
what I did to get polyhedral OpenFOAM data loaded into ParaView with
the procedure I mentioned in my previous post (Any chance it will be
included in Hua's branch?). For the moment I followed the face point
ordering of clockwise from inside the cell as it seemed compatible
with other APIs, e.g. vtkCell::GetFace().

Also, I have uploaded testcases to:
http://oshima.eng.niigata-u.ac.jp/polyhedronTests.tar.gz
where there are three cases:
* 0deg/0deg.foam: a pure split-hex mesh
* iglooWithFridges/iglooWithFridges.foam: a tutorial case of OpenFOAM
* polyhedronTest/polyhedronTest.foam: a minimal hand-written mesh

When loading from ParaView, please don't forget to uncheck the
Decomposed Polyhedra checkbox at the bottom of the reader panel (see
UncheckDecomposePolyhedra.png). If it is checked, the reader
decomposes a polyhedron to tets and pyramids. You can also compare by
turning the box on and off.

Takuya

Takuya OSHIMA, Ph.D.
Faculty of Engineering, Niigata University
8050 Ikarashi-Ninocho, Nishi-ku, Niigata, 950-2181, JAPAN

From: Takuya OSHIMA <oshima at eng.niigata-u.ac.jp>