[vtk-developers] Proposed CenterOfMass function for vtkPoints

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 09:12:44 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Will Schroeder
<will.schroeder at kitware.com> wrote:
> David-
>
> The phrase center of mass is an issue for many reasons, first if the
> dataset has cells that are curved (higher order cells) your assumption
> may not hold. Second, there is no mention of mass in the dataset API
> and this will confuse people.

This is a moot point because I think GetPointsCenter is more clear
anyway (since there is no concept of mass, like you said), but since
this function is in vtkPoints there is no concept of "cells" to
interfere with anything - it is simply the center of the points.

Ok, so what's the process from here? Do we wait a few days for more
comments/suggestions?

David