[vtk-developers] Proposed CenterOfMass function for vtkPoints

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Apr 1 11:42:04 EDT 2010

My concern with the term centroid is to differentiate the centroid of
the points from the centroid of the dataset, which can be different.
Since the user generally asks a dataset for its points, it would be
easy to make the mistake of assuming that the centroid of a dataset
matches the centroid of the points. Maybe this is just a documentation
issue, but it needs to be clear.