[vtk-developers] Popular class name: vtkArrayMap

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed Sep 16 12:07:34 EDT 2009

PV ArrayMap : Made April 2002, in several PV releases, used by
vtkPVGeometryFilter, has companion class vtkArrayMapIterator whose
name would also need to be changed.

VTK ArrayMap : Made April 2008, in VTK 5.2 and VTK 5.4, used by
vtkGraphMapper (which is deprecated).

Yes, I'd say the PV one wins, and we should change the name of the VTK one.

Jeff