[vtk-developers] Transforming a vtkPolyData converts vtkUnsignedCharArray to vtkFloatArray

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 12:46:55 EDT 2009

I noticed that if I have a vtkPolyData that I apply a vtkTransform to (using
vtkTransformPolyDataFilter), if I had a vtkUnsignedCharArray (Colors, for
example) stored as cell data (poly->GetCellData()->SetVectors(Colors);) that
the output of the filter contained a Colors array, but it was of type float!

Is there any reason that this conversion takes place? It seems to make sense
that the non-coordinate data would just be passed through the filter without
being touched, no?

Thanks,

David