[vtk-developers] New feature: improved hover support

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Wed Sep 9 11:37:55 EDT 2009

Basically yes. The exception is the render caused when the actual hover text
changes and the scene needs to be re-rendered, in which case the pick render
is not performed. The problem is knowing when a render caused any pipeline
updates or camera changes, which are the cases where you need to re-generate
the pick map. BTW the cached pick map is also used for drag-selections.
Thinking about it, it would probably be better to wait for the first "mouse
dwell" or drag-selection to update the pick map, I'll make a note of that.
Jeff