[vtk-developers] contributing a Bezier curve

Prashanth Udupa prashanth.udupa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 22:48:34 EDT 2009

> Thanks for your answer, your Bezier surface looks very nice, why
> didn't you add it to vtk?

I should have added it by now, my bad. Good to know that Dean is
helping with this one. Thanks Dean! :--)

> At first step I would like to implement a Bezier curve. I see that you
> also decided to use vtkParametricFunction as a base class. I have some
> "bad feelings about this".

We have not used vtkParametricFunction in the class.
vtkBezierSurfaceSource inherits from vtkPolyDataAlgorithm.

> Does your bezier surface algorithm can produce curves also?
> Bartek

No. But I think we should have one in VTK, will try to implement it.

Thanks and Regards,
Prashanth N Udupa