[vtk-developers] VTK CVS head to require Qt 4.5.0 or later from 16 November

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Oct 23 11:44:16 EDT 2009

Hi,

On Monday November 16,2009 I would like to make some changes to our Qt
components. If VTK is built with Qt support it will require version 4.5.0 or
later. This is in part to simplify the code in the Qt components, and also to
simplify licensing as this is the earliest LGPL version of Qt.

The Qt dependency will remain optional, but if it is turned on it will only be
compiled if Qt 4.5.0 or later is found. Please let me know before November 16
if there is any reason this date needs to be changed.

Thanks,

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.