[vtk-developers] Contrib level developers contribution process

Denis Barbier bouzim at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 04:33:49 EDT 2009

On 2009/10/20 Berk Geveci wrote:
> As a first step towards this, there is now a mirror of the VTK repo in
> github under Kitware/VTK. Developers can fork this repo to publicly
> release their own modifications. You could even put a link from an
> entry in the tracker to a particular branch. I am sure this is not
> enough by itself but it is a start.

Waow, that's terrific, thanks a lot!
I am running a git mirror for some time and had trouble now and then
with git-cvsimport, it sometimes fail when working with a remote
server whereas it works fine on local files.  I checked that my git
repository matches yours and will switch to github.  There are some
minor differences though:
 * Rendering/vtkOpenGLProjectedPolyDataRayBounder.h is in a strange
state, it had been removed in revision 1.22 but has later been
modified.  It is still present in VTK-5-2 and HEAD, but for unknown
reasons does not appear in VTK-5-4.  Is it possible to remove it again
from HEAD?
 * CVS keywords suck, is there any plan to remove them from VTK sources?
Thanks again,

Denis